Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sun dog



On a peaceful (read sleepy afternoon) in lab,Rich came screaming into the lab.He said he had spotted a Sundog.Yes a sundog!!The entire battalion in the lab got up and walked out feverishly to see what he was talking about.Not knowing what to expect, we walked out of the door and set our imagination run wild.Hmmm... maybe its an orange dog or a bird or a fancy car.He pointed at the sky and said there it is!All I could see was the sun shinning in all his glory.
If this was his idea of a joke, I had half the mind to give him a piece of my mind!
Then when i strained my eyes and watched closely I could see a rainbow around the sun.
A circular array of colors around the sun.It was an unusual sight.
It is bright spots of light in the sky, often on a luminous ring on either side of the sun.
Yawn!!back to work.

No comments: