Thursday, April 8, 2010

floating thoughts!


I attended my school's TEDx event yesterday.
The selection of speakers was a mixed bag.They had people ranging from wall street traders to scientists.
The moto of TEDx was 'connecting the unconnected'.
The most inspiring and yet a very simple message was by an economics professor.
He had worked in wall street for 27 years.
He had braved the infamous NY-NJ commute for years.(=waking up in the wee hours of the day and staring an Olympic sprint to get to work on time. )
Every morning when he woke up he had said to himself "I am going to earn the trust of the people I meet today."
He then went on to speak about how this gesture had paid back when he least expected.
I like the idea and feel it helps you function in an objective fashion.

No comments: